In the original Time Trail, you cycled round the network, making rubbings of all the disks. Once you had made rubbings of every disk in a set, you sent them in, and received a Time Treasure “to help you to crack the secret code”. Because there were five sets, you had to send off for five separate Time Treasures.
Once in possession of all the Time Treasures, you were able to tackle the final Treasure, using “a sixth, rare set of disks”. And once you had decoded the symbols, you could win “an exclusive bronze time-themed sculpture”.
By now, though, the original Time Trail has gone cold, and Sustrans aren’t going to be sending you any time treasures. So we’ll be approaching this disk, one of the “rare sixth set” with a bit less information than the earlier puzzlers would have had.
Here it is:
(Image: © Copyright Gregory Williams (Flickr) and licensed for reuse under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0))
The text around the outside is:
We are all children of the stars
We have navigated the heavens
We have travelled the earth
We have endured all of Time to be here together today
which isn’t much help at all.
As for the symbols and graphics, I’m seeing:
- Vitruvian Man (made famous by Leonardo Da Vinci)
- the four elements on his head and limbs (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
- “Ether” on his left arm
- some DNA in the background
- various triangles and stars
- at the top, a star followed by the Greek letter Zeta (the sixth letter of the Greek alphabet)
- the familiar CH→ of the artist Charlie Harrow
and that’s about it.